In the past couple of years I have been amazed at the benefits of Dandelion’s, that weed that everyone wants to get rid of from there lawns, well if you have the need to dig it up at least benefit from its medicinal value and put in your emergency storage for future use.
Here’s a nice article about making some tea.
Taraxacum Officinale, meaning “official Remedy for Disorders”, is commonly known as ‘Dandelion’. Dandelions are the richest source of Beta-Carotene. Dandelions are also very rich in fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, vitamin B and protein. The fact that Dandelions are so nutritious is the reason they are famous all over the world.
Dandelion tea has been used down the ages for various reasons; it was used to treat appendicitis, digestive disorders and breast problems by the Chinese. The Native Americans used the tea leaves along with fatty meats to prevent indigestion. Some drank the dandelion root tea to avoid heartburn, while others used it to cure PMS and Stomach cramps. Some of the native Americans used the tea as an energy drink and avoid stomach aches and constipation.
Thus from history we learn that there are many benefits to dandelions, some other’s being:
- The dandelion leaves and the roots contain substantial levels of Vitamins A, B, C, D and B complex, iron, calcium and so on. When the leaves and roots are soaked in boiling water, these medicinal properties then help our digestive system to function properly. The leaf helps in secreting the bile in the liver into the gallbladder which in turn helps in the digestion of fat.
- The functions of the liver, kidney and the gallbladder could be kept in its optimum condition with the help of Dandelion Tea.
- Dandelion Tea stimulates the urge for urination thus enhances detoxification in the body. Besides this, since there is excess loss of urine there is also a loss of potassium, but the Dandelion Tea helps in replacing the lost potassium.
- It helps those who suffer from Type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- It helps in the treatment of liver disorders such as hepatitis and jaundice.
- Drinking Dandelion tea helps in purifying the blood and cleansing the system.
- It helps in relieving digestive disorders like constipation and diarrhea.
- It helps to clean and also rejuvenates your skin.
- Dandelion tea helps in reducing bloating of the body as well as prevents water retention.
- It helps in reducing any inflammation or swelling which may occur in the gall bladder, bile duct and swellings caused due to rheumatism and arthritis.
- It helps to reduce cholesterol, keep the weight under control and also helps weight loss.
- Dandelion tea helps to improve and strengthen the immune system, thus enabling the body to fight and heal diseases. Besides this, it also helps to combat heart disease, cancer and memory loss cause due to age.